There are several steps to bring up a CFEngine installation within an organization:
- Prepare all appropriate machines for installation.
- Configure your network and security.
- Download the CFEngine software.
- Install CFEngine on the Policy Server(s).
- Bootstrap the Policy Server to itself.
- Initiate post-install configuration on the Policy Server.
- Install CFEngine on the Host machine(s).
- Bootstrap the Host(s) to a Policy Server.
See General Installation for a more detailed guide for how to install CFEngine, and links to installation guides for various versions of CFEngine and different configurations.
See Secure Bootstrap for a guide on bootstrapping CFEngine in untrusted networks.
Setup & Configuration
Additional options for configuring CFEngine policy are as follows:
Controlling Frequency Learn how to control frequency settings for verifying CFEngine policy.
Version Control Learn how to put your CFEngine policies under version control.
Masterfiles Policy Framework Learn what options are available out of the box in CFEngine to configure its masterfiles operation.